The Lakeland Central School District accepts the challenge of preparing students for a rapidly changing world. We provide the opportunity for all students to learn and succeed by promoting critical thinking and high academic standards in a safe and secure environment. Our practices and policies are shaped by: respect, kindness, responsibility, accountability and honest and ethical behavior.
Core Belief Statements
The Lakeland Central School District believes that all members of the school community should:
- Treat each other with respect and kindness.
- Assume responsibility and accept accountability for their actions.
- Engage in and promote critical thinking to achieve high academic standards.
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior.
The Lakeland Central School District will work collaboratively with all members of the community to promote cooperation, collegiality, and a love of learning so all can achieve to their fullest potential. We will focus on the whole person academically, socially, and emotionally. We also work to ensure safety and security and inspire all to communicate honestly to achieve our goals.
The Board of Education adopted Graduation Goals for Lakeland’s students. According to these goals, a Lakeland graduate should be:
- A Self-Directed, Lifelong Learner
- Complex and Creative Thinker and Problem Solver
- Responsible Citizen
- Effective Communicator
- Collaborative Worker