Kindergarten Supply List 2022-2023
Kindergarten Monthly Newsletter
What are we learning?
- We will continue reading and writing CVC words, including words with digraphs (wh, ch, sh, th, and ck).
- We will learn the following sight words this month: of, said, as, was, will, they, be, or
- The students are now writing simple sentences. We continue to review spelling CVC words correctly, listening to sounds in unfamiliar words, finger spaces between words, starting with a capital letter, and ending sentences with punctuation.
- We will finish working on Go Math Chapter 9: 2D Shapes.
- Our next unit will focus on 3D shapes.
- We will take some time to discuss Mother’s Day and the ways that we can celebrate our wonderful mothers and grandmothers.
- We will discuss Memorial Day and the ways we honor the brave men and women who have fought to keep our country safe.
- Our young scientists will continue learning about living/nonliving things.
- We are very excited about planting and the arrival of our ladybugs!
Dates to Remember
- May 16th- ABC Countdown begins
- May 25th- Fun & Fitness Day: wear your class color (more info. soon)
- May 26th & 29th- No School: Memorial Day Weekend
- Looking Ahead- June6th at 10:00 AM will be our “Kindergarten Rocks” performance
Test their sight word
Sight Word Game
Great Math Games (mixed topics)
Johnnie's Math Page