Please mark your calendars and note these very important dates regarding the Athletic Placement Process (APP). Again, this is for individuals looking to be approved to tryout/play on a high school FALL team. Please click here for further information.
I hope this correspondence finds you well. The final stretch of the academic year is upon us. I can’t believe it is May and we are speeding towards summer. This season is a very busy time for us here at the Beech. Please read over this communique carefully, as it details various end-of-the-year events, the final exam schedule, and reminders regarding the safety and security of our students.
Student Expectations & Home/School Partnership
As we head into warmer weather, “spring fever” can set in. Students need to be reminded that we are entering a busy time of year, where many fun, culminating events will take place, but much work still needs to be done. Students are to attend school daily, complete all homework and classwork, and prepare for final exams/NYS Regents.
Click Here to Continue Reading
If you wish to comment at the Board of Education meeting, please complete this form by 2 P.M. August 11, 2022. To view the BOE agenda, please click here.
Lakeland High School 7:00 p.m.
Board Member Anna Massaro will attend by videoconference at the following location:
5384 Stadium Parkway
Rockledge, FLA 32955
Members of the public may attend from either location.
At the annual reorganization meeting on July 7, the Lakeland Board of Education unanimously re-elected Adam E. Kaufman as President and elected Denise Kness as Vice President.
The district clerk administered the oath of office to newly elected board trustee, Dr. Michael Marchese, Adam Kaufman, for his second term, and Marianne DiSalvo Kolesar, for her first full, three-year term.
Mr. Kaufman has served on the board since 2019. This will be his second year as Board President. He shared his appreciation to his fellow board members for their confidence and support in his role as Board of Education President. Mr. Kaufman also expressed that he is “brewing with anticipation and excitement for the future of the district.”
Mrs. Kness, a long-standing Lakeland volunteer, has served on the board since 2014 and has previously assumed the role of both President and Vice President during her tenure. She thanked both Mr. Daly and Mr. Kaufman for their leadership and service. Mrs. Kness also shared her optimism about moving forward and excitement to work with the current leadership team, stating that the team has “a lot of vision and strong understanding of what our students need.”
We wanted to reach out and provide some important updates for the upcoming week:
I. Reports Cards are now available through Lakeland's Home Access Center, or by clicking the following link: https://hac.lhric.org/HomeAccess?SiteCode=lakLakeland
II. Below are links for support in navigating Home Access Center:
III. As a reminder, Picture Day for our fully remote students will take place tomorrow,
• Students can check in at the front desk any time between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
• Only students will be permitted in the building. Parents/Guardians may wait for the students at the front desk.
• If you choose to have your child's picture taken on 11/18, class period absences will be excused. Please email your child's teacher prior to the missed class period.
• Pictures do not need to be ordered before or even on Picture Day. They can be ordered afterwards. The most important thing is to get a picture taken.
• Below is the website and LCBMS code for ordering:
Prepay code: 8B2T7Z3S
• If you have any questions, please reach out to Mark Henkels at email@example.com or Jason Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• 6th Remote Learners can also pick up materials for the second quarter beginning tomorrow, 11/18 through Tuesday, 11/24 from 8:30 am-4:15 pm each day. If your child is coming in to have their photos taken tomorrow, they will be given their materials upon arrival. Otherwise, you may stop in at any other time through Tuesday. 7th and 8th grade pickup will be done on a future date.
IV. Annually, the Lakeland Central School District conducts an Emergency Management Early Dismissal Drill to provide practice to staff and students in case of an emergency. This year Lakeland has scheduled the drill for Tuesday, November 24th. Students will be dismissed 15 minutes early allowing the building to practice their evacuation procedures
V. Tech Support
• LCBMS has created a "Technology Help" page which is updated on an ongoing basis to assist students families navigate technological obstacles throughout the year. The page includes a password reset form, frequently asked questions, as well as multiple links to support the navigation of Google classroom. The “Technology Help” link is as follows: http://www.lakelandschools.org/copperbeech/school_information/technology_support.php
Have a great evening!
Dear 8th-Grade Families,
We are entering the time of year when students will participate in selecting their courses for the 2021-2022 school year.
In advance of course selection, teachers submitted their course recommendations for placements that are aimed at being the best fit for students’ success. Questions about course recommendations should first be directed to the teacher to best understand their rationale.