- SCOTT STAUB - LHRIC TELL AWARD WINNER
March 24, 2022 Lakeland Salutes (pdf)
- ALEXIS KELLY AND OLIVIA MARRICCO - GYMNASTICS
Alexis Kelly has just completed her third season on the LPPV Gymnastics team. Alexis competed in the All Around during the season, with her highest score being 33.70. At the Divisional Championship, Alexis captured 4th place in the All Around with a score of 33.05. At the Sectional Championship, Alexis scored 33.70 and finished in 12th place in the All Around, while also qualifying for the State Tournament on vault. At the NYS Championships, Alexis scored a 7.850 on vault. Alexis received All League and All Section honors this season. Congratulations Alexis!
Olivia Marricco is an 8th grader at LCBMS. She just completed her second season for the LPPV Rebels gymnastics team. Olivia competed in the All Around the entire season and scored over 36.00 points each time she competed. The highest score she received this season was 37.550. At the Divisional Championship, Olivia scored 37.00 and finished first in the All Around. At the Sectional Championship, she captured 3rd place on vault, 1st place on bars, 1st place on beam, 4th place on floor, and scored 37.550 for first place in the All Around, thus qualifying her for the State Tournament. At State Championships, Olivia competed in the All Around and finished with a score of 35.65 for a 12th place finish, while also finishing 6th on bars with a score of 9.275. Olivia received All League and All Section honors this season. Congratulations on a great season Olivia!
- GRACE ADEYEYE AND BROOKE SAYRE - GIRLS INDOOR TRACK
Grace Adeyeye had one of the best hurdling seasons in school history. She won the 55 meter high hurdles at the League, County, and Sectional championships. She also won the Section 1 state championship qualifier with a Section leading time of 8.69 seconds. Grace placed 7th at the New York State Championships, missing the medal stand by only .04 second. Grace joined her sister, Mary, as two of the three athletes to break 9 seconds in the last 60 seasons! Congratulations Grace!
Brooke Sayre was the Class AA Section 1 champion in the 600 Meter run. She finished 3rd at the Section 1 state qualifying meet with a time of 1:39.2, which ranks her as the 2nd fastest 600 Meter runner in school history. Brooke, along with runners from Harison, Valhalla, and Tappan Zee, represented Section 1 in the intersectional relay and placed 5th overall to claim a spot on the podium. Congratulations Brooke!
- CONNOR MCGANNON - WRESTLING
- ALEX GORZULA - BOYS SWIMMING
Congratulations to LPPV (Lakeland/Panas/Putnam Valley) Rebel Boy's Swimmer, Alex Gorzula, for qualifying for the NY State Swimming Championship. At the beginning of March, Alex competed at Ithaca College against the strongest high school swimmers in the state! Alex managed to qualify for four events at states, which is extremely rare. He qualified in the 200-yard freestyle, the 200 IM, the 500-yard freestyle, and the 100-yard breaststroke. Alex swam in the 100-yard breaststroke and finished in 39th place with a time of 1:03.06. Alex made it back for finals in the 500-yard freestyle and finished in 15th place overall with a time of 4:46.81. Coach Connolly and Coach Greco are very excited to see what his senior year will hold for him. Well done Alex! 2
December 9, 2021 Lakeland Salutes (pdf)
- Walter Panas Girls Varsity Volleyball This past season was full of memories for the Walter Panas Volleyball team that they will never forget. The team finished the season with a 19-2 overall record. They were League Champions, Sectional Champions, Regional Champions, and State Finalists.
- Delaney Leonard, Lakeland-Panas Girls Swimming : Lakeland High School senior Delaney Leonard has been a member of the Lakeland-Panas swimming team since middle school. She has broken the school records in the 50 Freestyle and 100 Freestyle this season. She was a Sectional Qualifier in the 50 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle, 100 Butterfly, and 100 Backstroke.
Linda Daly, Con Edison Award Winner The Lakeland High School Girls Varsity Soccer team completed the fall season with a record of 12-4-1, their best record in over
20 years. Linda Daly was the driving force behind the team's success this year. Linda will leave Lakeland soccer as one of the very best to wear green and gold. She was a four-year starter, named All-League and All-Section each of the past three seasons. In October, Linda was awarded the Con Edison Scholar-Athlete award, making her the first to receive this award in Lakeland Girls Soccer history.
- The 2021 Lakeland Varsity Field Hockey Team had an incredible season winning both League A as well as the Class B Section Championship!
- Lakeland-Panas Cross Country Bobby Mayclim has been a Top 10 finisher in all races this season. He is the recipient of All League and All County honors.
October 21, 2021 Lakeland Salutes (pdf)
- Congratulations Fransico Duran named the PN/ W/ BOCES Student of Distinction! Click here to view the video
- Congratulations Lakeland H.S. Senior Mia Smith named Con Edison Athlete of the Week
- School Board Recognition Week - Special Thanks to LCSD Board Members for their dedication and service!
September 23, 2021 Lakeland Salutes (pdf)
- Congratulations Chloe Henriquez 11th grade student at WPHS selected for the 2021 New York State School Music Association All-Student Mixed Chorus!
August 12, 2021 Lakeland Salutes (pdf)
- Congratulations to the District Destination Imagination Teams!