Welcome to Lakeland Schools

Health Benefits

Health Insurance OPEN ENROLLMENT - May 15 through June 15

This is the time you may enroll in (if eligible) or make changes to your current health insurance plan without a qualifying event. An enrollment form is required as well as appropriate eligibility forms. Working spouse and dependent eligibility rules may apply.

Lakeland offers Aetna Open Choice PPO health care plan to meet the needs of you and your family:

The Aetna health care plan covers both pharmacy and mental health benefits.

For more information about Aetna Open Choice PPO, click one of the following links:

Employees have 30 days from the date of a qualifying life event to enroll or make changes to their health, dental, vision, and reimbursement accounts.

Many events in your work or personal life can impact your benefits. Several of the benefit programs require that you enroll within a specified period of time. Employees have 30 days from the date of a qualifying life event to enroll in their health, dental, and reimbursement accounts.

Qualifying Life Events: 30 Days
If you experience a qualifying life event you may make changes to some of your Lakeland benefits within 30 days of the event. Any change you make must be consistent with your qualifying event. For example, if you marry you may add your new spouse to your Health Care Plan, but you may not enroll in the Dental Plan if you had not been previously participating.

Qualifying events include, but are not limited to:
• Marriage, divorce, or legal separation,
• Birth or adoption (or placement of adoption) of a child,
• Death of a covered dependent,
• Loss or gain of eligibility for insurance coverage for you or a covered dependent
• Change in spouse's employment status, and
• Change in health insurance eligibility due to a relocation of residence or work place.

If you experience a qualifying event, you must notify Human Resources at 914-245-1700 and provide documentation within 30 days of the event to update your benefits selections. You will need to present documentation, such as a birth, marriage, or death certificate, or divorce decree.