2022-2023 Lakeland Central School District Board of Education Goals
The Lakeland CSD accepts the challenge of preparing students for a rapidly changing world, and provides the opportunity for all students to learn and succeed. We encourage, promote, and develop life-long learning and educational excellence in a safe, secure, student-centered environment. Our practices and policies are shaped by mutual respect, open and honest communication, ethical behavior, and personal responsibility.
Board of Education Mission
The Board of Education will support the District’s mission to fully prepare students to meet life’s challenges achieving educational excellence, setting high standards, and expecting the best from students, teachers, administrators and staff.
Lakeland Central School District Board of Education Goals 2022-23 (Download pdf)
- Support a high quality, well-rounded educational experience that meets the needs of all students, delivers the skills and confidence necessary to be successful in the 21st century, and supports the emotional and physical safety and well-being of students through:
- Providing support and allocating necessary resources to the administration to enable them to safely implement and succeed with the district’s education plan.
- Maintaining an updated policy manual, Special Education district Physical Education plan, district wide safety plan and code of conduct.
- Supporting a wide variety of educational programs that create viable learning paths tailored to the needs of all students.
- Continue to ensure the district remains at the cutting edge of educational technology, including devices for all students K - 12, professional development for teachers and staff, and technology support.
- Support the superintendent's efforts to recruit and retain exceptional administrators, teachers, and staff district wide and to provide them with outstanding professional development to ensure their skills are at the forefront of educational standards.
- Continue to support the superintendent’s Equity for All initiatives, to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, and safe learning environment for all students.
- Ensure tax dollars are invested efficiently and are used judiciously in support of our educational
- Continue to improve and maintain district facilities through capital projects, our energy performance contract and other projects.
- Maintain fiscal accountability by requiring comprehensive fiscal management practices that ensures priorities are aligned with funding.
- Continue to provide necessary resources to implement process and policies in regards to safety.
- Explore, implement and review strategies to enhance communication and engagement with all community stakeholders.
- Foster and encourage a positive, productive, and collaborative tenor in the community
- Conduct and review the board self-evaluation
- Commit to attending at least one workshop, meeting, retreat, or seminar and share resources that offer insight, knowledge, and training on board member improvement.
- Attend at least three events across the district, including educational, artistic and/or athletic to increase and maintain positive engagement with students, staff, community, and parents.