The Lakeland Central School District offers Drivers' Education through the Lakeland Continuing Education program. Opportunities for students take place in the Fall, Spring, and Summer of each year. Information, including a registration form, can be found on this web page or in the Guidance Department at either two high schools. For more information, call (914) 245-1700.
REGISTRATION: Forms will be posted here prior to each semester.
The Driver Education Program consists of sixteen (16) 90-minute driving and sixteen (16) 90-minute lecture sessions. Up to two (2) additional sessions designated as make-up sessions will be scheduled at the end of each 16-session semester.
1. Video assignments are available, requiring opinions and descriptions of what was viewed; video assignments must be pre-arranged and completed in the classroom under the supervision of the lecture instructor;
2. If possible, students can attend lecture on another day or time.Only one lecture class can be attended per day;
3. Students should speak with their lecture teacher to discuss these make-up options and availability.
1. Arrange with the in-car instructor to attend driving when there is availability in another time slot, or arrange to attend during a scheduled make-up session at the end of the semester. Only one driving session can be attended per day, and not to exceed a total of 90-minutes behind the wheel;
2. Students could be allowed to make-up behind-the wheel time when another student from their car is absent;
3. Make-up driving times may be scheduled in advance by calling 914-332-7700.